Toys"R"Us-Japan serious about
KIDS & SAFETY
As the leading global authority for toys and juvenile products, Toys"R"Us-Japan actively works in full coordination with Toys"R"Us, Inc. to ensure that all customers can enjoy the toys they buy from Toys"R"Us and be assured of their safety. Toys"R"Us conducts rigorous quality inspections internally and also request all domestic and international vendors for complete quality control and continuous quality improvement of any product Toys"R"Us purchases.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. and Toys"R"Us-Japan have promoted the following efforts to ensure product safety.
«Mission Statement of Toys"R"Us, Inc. for Product Safety»
“As the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, we understand the trust parents place in us to ensure the safety of the products we sell and to provide only the safest shopping environment for them and their families. We take that responsibility very seriously. One of the important parts of our mission as a company is to help parents keep their kids safe.
We fulfill this mission by working vigilantly on behalf of our customers to look for ways to raise the bar on product safety in our stores. We have put in place industry-leading product safety standards that meet and exceed federally mandated requirements. In addition, we provide the resources parents, grandparents and childcare providers need to ensure they have the most up-to-date information on product safety and recalls.
Beyond product safety, we strive to make available the necessary information and products to help parents and caregivers prevent accidental injuries - one of the leading causes of death in children under the age of 14. We do this by partnering with organizations like the Home Safety Council and Safe Kids Worldwide to develop tips and guides, and ensuring that our merchandise assortment includes products and equipment like bike helmets and elbow and knee pads.
At Toys"R"Us, Inc., we love kids and babies, and our commitment to their safety is non-negotiable. You can be sure that at every turn, we will continue to look for ways to fulfill our commitment to the safety of the families we serve”.
«“Toys"R"Us-Japan Quality Control Guide”»
- Products sold comply with all domestic laws and regulations such as Japan's Food Sanitation Law. They also meet the ST standard (Standard for Toy Safety) established by the Japan Toy Association as well as the European Norm established by EU.
- In case any serious quality problem is found, Toys"R"Us - Japan will immediately suspend sales of that product and take appropriate actions for customers such as recall, replacement or repair.
- The Toys"R"Us-Japan Quality Control Guide requires that all domestic and international vendors strictly maintain their quality level equal to the one specified.
«Rigorous inspection process for products that Toys"R"Us-Japan directly imports»
- Toys"R"Us - Japan has developed a unique quality inspection system and conducts rigorous quality inspections under the strict standards through the registered inspection agencies of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare located inside and outside of Japan. Toys"R"Us - Japan does not import products that fail to meet the set standards.
- Products must be inspected when first orders are placed. If reorders of the same product are placed the process dictates that the product must be inspected again if 26 weeks have passed since the previous order, Inspection agencies entrusted by Toys"R"Us - Japan randomly select products to inspect from finished assembly line at the production factories. This random inspection enables Toys"R"Us - Japan to prevent potential fraud inspections by factories.
- Dedicated inspection agencies inspect the production process at factories every 6-12 months in order to check that the factory doesn’t use any improper raw materials and that there are no contaminates of products or production lines by harmful substances.
- Designated domestic inspection agencies conduct random inspections at stores every 3 months for products subject to the Food Sanitation Act.
- Toys"R"Us-Japan holds quality control Vendor Seminars annually in Hong Kong.